Every couple needs date nights. It doesn’t matter if you just started getting to know one another or have been married for years, dates are your quality time to talk, catch up on what’s been going on, and learn more about each other. If you haven’t had a great date night in a long time and want to create a special evening for the person you love, use this guide for some easy ideas.
- Cook a fancy dinner from home. If you’ve got some cooking skills you’ve been waiting to show off, this is the perfect opportunity. Transform your home into a high-class restaurant with some careful lighting, a beautifully dressed table, and a delicious home-cooked meal. Get a chivas regal 18 year old to sip on while you dine, and serve your partner a meal they won’t forget anytime soon. This idea is perfect for couples on a tight budget – there’s no need to spend a fortune when you can have your dream date right in your own dining room.
- Find an excuse to dress up. Dates are always more fun if you get to dress up for the occasion. Choose a restaurant with a dress code or take your partner out to a fancy cocktail bar, then make an agreement that you’ll both make a big effort with your outfits. Some men may be resistant to wearing a suit, but we can guarantee he’ll feel like a real gentleman and the whole evening will have a special atmosphere that you won’t get heading to your usual pizza place.
- Organise a date with a view. A beautiful view can take a totally average date and transform it into a wonderful memory. If you live near the beach, set up a seaside picnic so you can take in the sunset and the crashing waves while you eat your dinner. If you live in a more mountainous area, drive to a spot with an incredible scenic view and have your date right there in the front seat. Don’t forget to bring a thermos of coffee and plenty of snacks so you can spend hours taking pictures and relaxing in nature.
- Hold a movie night. If you’re planning to spend your date night indoors, why not have a romantic movie night? Take turns picking the film and get cosy on the sofa with a big bowl of popcorn. Romantic movies may be the top choice for most date nights, but a thriller or something scary could be a better option if you want your date to snuggle up to you for safety. To create a home-style version of the classic dinner-and-a-movie date, order in their favourite delivery food to dine on while you watch.
- Ask what they want. It’s easy to get stressed out over planning an amazing date, especially if you’re hoping to impress a new love interest, but sometimes it’s easier to simply ask what they’d like to do. They may have a specific event in mind that they’d love to attend, or a favourite spot that they’ve been thinking about showing you. Talk about it and see what you can come up with together; after all, the perfect date is one that you’re both going to love.